Thursday, January 31, 2013

Delores M. Manis Davidson- My Great Aunt





Delores Manis was born around 1908.  Delores was the third child of  Lester Manis and Cora Gibson Manis.  Her parents divorced in 1910.  She had a few stepfathers while she was growing up.  

I haven't been able to find much on her yet.  I found her gravestone and I found her on three censuses.  I don't have a birth record, marriage record or death record.  I will be working on these things.  According to census information  she got married around 1921 to James Omar Davidson.  She had a daughter Donna Davidson on April 1, 1926.

DELORES MANIS FAMILY TREE FROM ANCESTRY.COM

Sadly Delores died in 1938.  She was around 30 years old and left a 4 year old daughter.

I really need to find more information on Delores.  She was my Mom's aunt and I only knew her name before I started researching.

She is buried in Chester Cemetery beside her mom and her sister.

Writing about each one of the ancestors give me a chance to put all my information in one place so I know what I have and what I am still searching for.  I also hope that I will come into contact with other peoples research might overlap mine and we can help each other.






No comments:

Post a Comment