Monday, March 11, 2013

Women's History Month - Child Pattern


Women's History Month: Pattern of Children of My Female Ancestors

Lorine at Olive Tree Genealogy posted an interesting genealogical topic for Women's History Month, so I decided to share my mother's family.


Instructions:
Make a list of your female ancestors beginning with your mother. Go back as far as you can. Now figure out how many children each female ancestor had. Did the females in your direct maternal line tend to have the same numbers of children each generation? Did they have more? Less? Were they prolific or are there few children born to each woman? Is there a pattern emerging?

Mother - Shirley Hoover - 9 children - 4 boys, 5 girls

Grandmother - Ethel Manis  - 6 children -1 boy, 5 girls

GGrandmother - Cora Gibson - 3 children - 1 boy, 2 girls

GGGrandmother - Milly Mathews - 8 children - 6 boys, 2 girls

GGGGrandmother - Mary ?? - 5 children - 5 girls

There were 31 children born, 12 boys, 19 girls.  I can see no pattern other than most had more girls than boys, with the exception of my great great grandmother who had several more boys than girls.  I have  4 children, 3 boys and 1 girls so I have helped to even out the boys.  My daughter has two boys so she is now continuing my pattern of having more boys than girls.

There doesn't seem to be any real patterns, but it was interesting to look at.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I nominated you for a Liebester award...check it out...http://www.thenonmarthamomma.com/2013/03/i-was-nominated-for-another-liebster.html

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete